Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action!

The Rye Education Foundation just awarded Rye Elementary School with a complete studio set and equipment for school plays, skits, presentations and a live streaming student broadcast. The grant included a green screen kit with lights, an HD Panasonic Video Camcorder, a Snowball Mic, a Soulo wireless mic for iPad, Telestream Wirecast Pro editing software to edit on the fly, a movie mount tripod for iPad with wide angle lens and two lapel mics, a sound mixer for iPad and a year's worth of ad free streaming services.
It's truly a dream come true for me. My first love as a kid was movies. I remember seeing my first movie at the drive in theater with my parents. Steven Spielberg's ET, made me laugh, cry and even frightened me in parts, but it was an experience I will never forget. Since then, I have always wanted to make movies. Now I get the best of both worlds! I can be a curriculum/technology integrator and help teachers and students make professional looking videos at the same time.

I will post future links to our live streaming student broadcast and any videos we have created very soon to a future blog post.

In addition to all of this equipment, I found this wonderful tripod and remote for the iPhone on eBay.  It's by far the best $7.99 I've ever spent. I have only played around with it a few times using my daughter's toys, but I can see how this equipment could be used immediately within the classroom to create stop motion animation. The beauty of shooting with the tripod and remote allows for quick sequencing and the ability to share the pictures immediately through the air via Photo Stream allows for editing to happen instantaneously on the Mac in iMovie.

No comments:

Post a Comment